Wednesday 12 September 2012

Breathing new life into old boots, with buttons!

I acquired a pair of boots which I felt were in need of a little refashioning ready for the autumn/winter months when my little jumpers, pencil skirts and thick tights combos come out of hiding. I gave the boots a bit of a polish and then set about finding buttons in my ever growing collection that I could thread the laces through, I wanted to achieve a sort of Victorian style book look so went for darker colours and used brassy buttons for a bit of added bling. And that was it, job done, what do you think?

Button decorated boots - side view


Button decorated boots - front view

I like the idea of putting buttons all down the middle where the laces kriss cross so I can get more buttons on each boot but haven't attempted that yet, but I will...

No comments:

Post a Comment