Wednesday 15 August 2012

Bouquets made out of brooches, buttons and other nice things

Source unknown - if you would like to claim
this please let me know!
I have a folder that I keep with all the different projects I come across and general ideas for things I would like to make or re-create. As a result of my day job I have been unexpectedly been adding to my folder and felt the need to share.

I will explain, I have recently been involved in developing and implementing marketing plans for a newly refurbished hotel and one part of this huge task has been looking at marketing the hotel as a wedding venue, again another small part of which has involved me looking at advertising opportunities for wedding venues (stick with me, I get to the point soon!). The opportunities are of course vast and range from magazines, radio, websites etc and will certainly keep me busy in my marketing capacity for some time. A happy by product of this research and something I could not ignore has been the sheer volume of crafty, thrifty and creative things people do for their weddings, it really is inspiring. I don't have time to write about all of the innovative and cool things I have come across but I will keep feeding back the best of my finds.

When my cousin got married as well as being bridesmaid I was chief teacup, saucer, side pate, cake stand, jug and vintage/old book gatherer! I searched high and low at carboot sales, jumble sales, charity shops and any other place I could find for things that fit the vintage/afternoon tea party style my cousin wanted to achieve. It isn't always about the money either, my cousin had a huge (and utterly dreamlike and perfect I must add) wedding and wasn't necessarily trying to save money but instead just loved that style. I have to say I loved my wedding duties and was much better placed to do that sort of thing than sorting out hen nights!

Anyway I digress, one of the most amazing things I have come across so far is the trend of making bouquets out of broaches and I really wanted to share this with as many people as possible because I just think they are fabulous and the possibilities are endless!


Click image for direct link to source - http://stylehandler.blogspot.co.uk/
Click image for direct link to source - www.ruffledblog.com
Click on image for direct link to source - http://www.etsy.com/shop/Noaki
The above pictures are a selection I have taken from a google search on brooch bouquets and each are so unique I am just in awe of them all and want to make them all! As a "maker" I was of course intrigued as to how they are actually constructed and while I am sure there are a number of methods I have found a really great tutorial on how to make your own brooch bouquet at www.offbeatbride.com (click here for a direct link to the tutorial) using mainly a combination of old brooches and other jewellery, wire and ribbon!

In addition to brooch bouquets I have seen bouquets made using a mixture of jewellery and or buttons as well. Again www.offbeatbride.com has a tutorial on this too! (click here for a direct link to the tutorial). I have included images of some of the button and mixed jewelled bouquets below, you will never know how hard it was to stop at these few!!!

I really hope you enjoy these as much as me and as soon as I have saved up enough brooches I will be making one of these ready for my wedding, whenever that might be...! The best thing about these are they are at the heart of the beauty of all things recycled and upcycled and whats more they are achievable for all.


Click on image for direct link to source
Click on image for direct link to source

Click on image for direct link to source

Click on image for direct link to source

No comments:

Post a Comment